Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The small of it all..

A few years ago, I read something about how to tell what size frame you have. I don't remember it except that it had something to do with measuring your elbow and that I have a small frame. When I discovered this, it floored me! It probably shouldn't have since my mom's side of the family is all very small, but since I have been overweight for as long as I can remember.. I was surprised. (I guess since I have never SEEN the small frame) So, I found another one yesterday and remeasured myself. Sure enough, my frame is small. This time, however, it encouraged me! Instead of being surprised, I'm excited to see my frame. I'll never be stick thin, but I'll be able to see myself as small.

I'm taking steps in the journey to become and active athletic woman. Instead of sticking with the same old exercises that I've always done, I'm challenging myself to be more! I'm almost done with week 2 of c25k and I feel great. I know I have a long way to go before I go out running for miles and miles.. but I know I can do it! These self challenges are really paying off. I'm losing pounds at a slower rate than I have in the past.. but the physical transformation seems to be occurring faster- and I love it!

So, Jules over at The Bosky Blog is running a points based contest.. and since I'm really bad at communication do not intend on winning.. but I figured I'd give her a shout out anyway. Her blog always inspires me to run. I read about her challenges and her love. Her injuries and her successes. And most importantly... her dog! So, if you're ever wondering what makes me want to keep running.. it's that blog.

Enough of that mushy stuff.. I have actual work to do today (including avoiding the Wednesday Chinese Buffet Event).

Until Next Time..
M

No comments:

Post a Comment