Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A huge sigh of relief...

Well, after a gazillion days, I finally got back to the gym! I used my new Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) and am hooked!

I had always seen people saying "ooh, I use this fancy HRM so i *really* know how much I burn blah blah blah" (bitter? Maybe.) I always used the WW tools and assumed from there. I have to tell you, being able to see my HR without holding onto anything really kept me in the zone I needed to be in. I was like "oh! I don't want to dip below blah blah blah" and would increase my effort! I really liked ending my workout and knowing that I burned 428 calories as opposed to the 127 the machine estimated.

But I feel great. I had trouble getting to sleep last night, but woke up ready for the day at 5:30. Despite the great flood that is occurring in New England. Tomorrow, I'm going to jump back on the running wagon. It's been so long since I've run, I'm kind of scared. =/

Oh well. I suppose that's all I have to say. I have no idea what I'll be making for dinner tonight. Hope I can figure something out.

Calories for day (so far): 428/500
Calories for challenge (so far): 1528/30000

No comments:

Post a Comment