Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Do this! Don't do that!"

I'm one of the strangest people I know. I can satisfy my my desire for sweets and fatty foods [usually] by just looking at it or smelling it! Here are a couple of examples:

When I went through my last bout of veganism (it happens occasionally for about 6 months or so. I jump to vegan instead of vegetarian because my favorite thing to give up is dairy), I would love to see commercials on TV with pizzas and steaks. T (who was with me on the vagan train) would hate to see them! He would want those things at that moment.. and I saw it more like "ooh, that looks pretty." *shrug* it's kinda weird, I know. That being said, every day at work, I stare at the vending machine for like 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes at lunch. I don't know why. I'm not hungry, I don't want anything in there and never get anything.

In my defense, my manager fills it, so it's got some good choices in there and is ever-changing. I like to think that I check it out to scope what I can eat if I get into a food emergency (which is crazy since I have a drawer full of snacks which I never touch). So, yeah... I know that's weird.. but it works for me. Usually I end up craving and splurging on things I don't see regularly- General Gao's chicken (which I'm making on Sunday!) and PB twix. Yum!

Also, I'm impose freakishly stringent and unexplainable rules or limitations on myself. I mean, it makes sense to me.. but you know. Like when I randomly stop eating meat (which, since the last time I did it, I've started to limit my meat intake..) and instead of going vegetarian, I just go vegan in a pretty strict way (which is a lot harder than you think! and why I gave it up last time). I also do things like ban foods I love love love (swiss cake rolls, entimen's chocolate fudge cake) while constantly allowing foods I simply love love (chocolate covered pretzels, cookies).
javascript:void(0)
Usually, I'm really really good at my personally imposed restrictions (no pizza for a month! the chocolate cake only once every 6-12 months!) and sometimes I've failed before I've even started (hello red bull.. I'm lookin' at you!)

Well, my next project (with no start date as of yet) is to decrease my daily sodium intake for a week. I may start that after easter. I don't know how much sodium is in a hollow chocolate bunny.. but I'm eating an entire one on easter day!

No comments:

Post a Comment