Monday, March 8, 2010

The conflict of body and mind...

My mind needed this morning's work out. My body did not want it at all.

My alarm went off at 5:15- as it does every morning. Usually, I hit snooze or off and sleep for an additional 15-30 minutes. This morning, J started talking. He told me about a dream he had (which happens often), then started asking if I was going to the gym (yes! later!), then... started reading me his emails (from like Amazon). I wanted to roll over and rip his head off. That's when I knew that whatever else happened today.. I had to go to the gym.

So, I'm at the gym after a cranky start to my morning. I'm running (day 1 week 2 of c25k) and doing weights. The sun is shining into the gym and i'm tired and want to curl up and go back to bed. Once I finished, I do my thing, get dressed, and leave. While walking to my car I felt like I was going to yack. I knew then and there that going to the gym this morning was a bad idea.

I'm happy I went since I did not go to the gym this weekend, and I'm happy I started my second week of c25k, but I really REALLY could have used an extra half hour of sleep. I hope this mood subsides.. and if I don't feel well by the end of the day, I may have to skip yoga.. I hope I don't.. but, well.. I still feel icky.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment