Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm only 28...

I did not sleep well last night. I dismissed every one of my alarms the second it made a peep- not even snooze.. just off. At 5:50, my eyes opened and I flung myself out of bed. I got dressed, then begged J to let me sleep. Like a good boyfriend, he did not.

I got to the gym, sat on the stationary bike with iPod in hand, and watched Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. When it ended, I popped off the bike drenched in sweat and 9 miles from where I started. I feel great! Still mad tired. My abs are sore (which is a feeling I love!) and my bum bum hurts for the bike.

Sometimes I really do feel older than I am. I know that 28 is still young and have all kinds of time ahead of me, but sometimes I just feel like I've wasted my entire life and there's no getting it back! When I get in these funks, I have to remind myself that in 28 years, i'll still be younger than my mother is now.. and she is active and successful. It's hard sometimes. You grow up with these dreams of where you'll be at 28- married, career, children... and end up living with your boyfriend, childless, and working as a receptionist trying to wish your day away.

But I have this- my quest to make my 30s better than my 20s. My quest to live a long and healthy life. My quest to set a goal and reach it.. to be an inspiration to myself and others. To teach my future children how to have a healthy lifestyle.. by example.

Every day, I feel more and more confident that I will reach my goal. Every day, I look forward to the next.

And I really do love working out...

M

No comments:

Post a Comment