Monday, May 3, 2010

The one with all the green..

I am a very positive person. I see the silver lining of every cloud and try to see good in every body (though sometimes it's hard). Interestingly enough, I am also very judgmental. Anyone that knows me recognizes that I have issues with the way I am perceived by others. It's one of the biggest things I wish to change about myself. Something I do not want to pass onto my children.

I've been working very hard at changing my attitude and life.

Recently, I stumbled upon a blog called Operation Beautiful. I love the idea behind this and may start leaving my own notes around town.

These changes I'm making in my life are first and foremost for health. Weight loss and beauty are secondary, and I feel very good about that.

Changes I've noticed involve feeling less sluggish and fewer instances of bloat. My skin has been glowy and soft. And my attitude toward food is changing. I'm still not in love with vegetables, but I find myself wanting to eat them.

Yesterday, for instance, I went to TGIFriday's with my mother. I ordered a salmon and rice dish that came with broccoli. I hate broccoli, but the girl said it was the only veggie they had. I had no intention of eating, but after eating most of the salmon and half the rice, I knew I needed to get some veggies in me. I ate the broccoli. Not all of it, mind you, but probably half of it. This is not something I would usually do. Sure, a past incarnation of myself may have tried it, but this was different- I kept coming back for more! I still think the stuff is gross, though.

But today I'm back on the veggie bandwagon. I made a green monster that was very tasty and very simple.. but I'm getting hungry! I need a mid-morning snack...

2 comments:

  1. Yay for veggies!! I am glad that they have found a special place in your life :) I can't believe you drink all that spinach daily! I totally look forward to you making me one someday!! (when i can have the sweet).

    You're link is a little wonky (it adds your blog before the link itself (operationbeautiful.com) but I figured it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's weird.. I don't know why the link isn't working. I double checked the html for both and it's correct. *shrug*

    i'm shocked I drink so much spinach! But alas.. it's the only way I would end up having that much! Even when I do a salad, it's only abuot a cup of spinach...

    ReplyDelete