Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The one without the title...

So, I'm reading the Atkins book.. well.. skimming it anyway. It has vegetarian options which makes me giddy! I don't eat much in the way of meat and don't want that to change. Also, I think i'll be able to combine it with WW's Simply Filling plan.. which is, as I understand it, basically low carb/mostly whole lean foods... which will all combine with my efforts of natural eating.

I feel like a freak- combining all of these options. I really don't use sweeteners much, so I'm hoping that this doesn't increase it. Anyway... I'll give the program one month. I'm not taking the month and saying "if I lose [X] pounds, I'll stay on it." What I am saying is that if it works and I find that I'm able to keep it in line with my... what's the word i'm looking for here... preferences? then, I'll continue. If not, I'll go back to healthful eating and counting points.

My dear sweet Twon is going to work with me on it. He's going to talk me through things (I like to talk ad nauseum about things I'm doing) when I need an outlet.. and we'll be able to relent.. and I won't tempt him with pizza and breaded foods.

Well, I'm weighing in on Friday. I expect to have gained 10 pounds because I have been gorging myself.. plus I'm having last hurrahs with carbs (something I've never given up!).. but then the weightloss posts will be more constant. I'll be weighing daily, but I'll announce on Fridays as an official weigh in. I have an app on my iPod touch that will help me track everything.

I'm very scared... nervous... thirstyexcited. This is really supposed to help with PCOS (I tried to link an article.. but there are a ton) and I want to be able to conceive when J and I decide to try to have kids. That is honestly and truly my motivation. Sure, i need to lose weight (which is what I've been doing here all along.. or trying anyway), but my biggest reason was for my future.. not for a bikini.

Ok.. i really need to drink some water.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very thirsty too! Yay, so Friday night it will be you and me and our first low carb dinner together! Well, officially! Sure you don't want to get sushi out of your system one last time thursday night? ;)

    Well you can do whatever crazy variations you like. Lord knows I am no lol carb saint by any means! Just really try to keep it at 20 carbs for the first 2 weeks. Induction is the most important part and deserves a fair shake. Then you can take whatever liberties you like!

    Be prepared to be tired the first 2 or 3 days. But then you'll feel great! or I do anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! Mom chose Sunday for lunch for birthday ness... so that. besides, I'm not in love with sashimi.. but I do like it! I wonder how many carbs are in seaweed salad....

    Oh no, I'll do induction.. I'll do everything by the book.. but I'm not gonna be like "I'm low carb crazy! I eat this jar of chemicals because it's "food" and has -8 carbs buwahahahah!" *nods*

    ReplyDelete