Monday, May 17, 2010

The one with all the promises..

Welp, I got married. The weather held out wonderfully! It was great to see family and friends and celebrate with everyone!

Our food a the wedding was not the healthiest. J was in charge of ordering it and he ordered for 100 people... we had about 60 (if you include children), so we have so much food left over. I wanted to donate it to a homeless shelter, but J's mom offered to freeze it for us. Though i'm loving the left over buffalo chicken, I'm officially over ziti and chicken parm!

So, I took a break from the diet/weight loss for the wedding- didn't want to stress. I was eating healthy (until this past week) and trying.. but things definitely got out of hand with parties, events, and leftovers. So, I decided to try to combine efforts- I've decided to try a low carb diet combined with whole eating. Low carb is really very good for PCOS (which I have), so I figured might as well give it a shot.

Now, I'm going to start this on Friday, so I have 3 days to get as much information on low carb/healthy eating as possible. I don't eat much meat and don't really want that to change too much. I can replace meals with tofu and eggs. I have my notebook and my pen.. I'm ready to learn!

Anyway, that's all I have for now. I haven't weighed myself... Friday's confession is going to be terrible.. but I'm going to be honest!!

Ok.. I've been out of work for a few days.. I should get back to it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I was totally going to suggest, and think I forgot that you get the new book on your kindle and glance it over. http://goo.gl/f0O8 It really has everything you need, and it's not long. I would highly recommend it. You can skim if you like, but it really has everything you need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats on the wedding. I'm so happy for you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's called "The New Atkins..." since blogger hates making amazon links linky apparently.

    ReplyDelete