Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The one with all the scratching

Starting the morning off with oatmeal! It's actually very good.. and not hot which I enjoy. It's too filling though! I'll be eating the other half for lunch.. which may be good for my diet.. is not very good for my other blog.

Have I mentioned my itchy chest? For the past 2 weeks or so, my chest has been really very itchy. I've been thinking it's nerves, but sometimes it's so itchy I can't imagine it being in my head! I still keep assuming it's nerves. J, however, is not convinced. He thinks I might be having a food allergy. He made a good argument by pointing out that my eating habits have changed quite a bit in the last couple of weeks. However, he then weakened his argument by saying that my chest was likely the only thing affected because that's where the esophagus travels. Oh, poor J.. even he knew how ridiculous that sounded!

It did get me thinking about what I've been doing for the last two weeks. Is there anything I've been eating regularly? The only think I could come up with is my lemon water. Now, I know I'm not allergic to lemon. I think we all can agree I'm not allergic to water. So could this be the culprit?

After extensive research (one google search, 2 clicks, and 5 minutes) I've decided this could be my body detoxing from all the bad stuff i've been eating all my life. This actually does make complete sense. I've been doing the lemon water for 2 weeks (which is how long I've been itching) and doing the cleaner eating. But why is it lasting so long? Maybe I have reserves of crap in my system? Maybe I'm still eating things that are not that great for me and the body is trying to flush it out? Who knows?

Whatever the reason for the prolonged itching, I will enter my home tonight armed with natural remedies to ease the itching!

Usually, I wouldn't care.. but my wedding dresses have exposed chests and i'd like for it not to be red and splotchy! Oh well.. I have 9 days to get my skin cleared up!

1 comment:

  1. Well if your body is detoxifying then that's awesome!! It'll be cleared up by then. You can try a benadryl cream a day or 2 before if its not gone.

    ReplyDelete