Thursday, May 6, 2010

The one with the unsolicited advice...

You know that song that goes "Everybody's workin' for the weekend!"?? Well, it's true! Whatever your weekend might be, everybody wants it! This week, I've been talking about
not rushing through life... but as we all know, sometimes it's inevitable (especially when you get to Friday!)

Sometimes, however, your quest for the weekend can turn into a Friday funk! It drags and you feel like you're being held captive! After a conversation with one of the higher-ups at my company, I've decided to write a post full of ideas to get out of a Friday Funk!


  • First, I vote for think positive! It's okay to think about what your plans are for the weekend, but don't be itching to get out. Think more like "XYZ is going to be fun!" not "OMG, I can't wait to get out of this place!!!!!!JOQEFU!!&#@(&#"
  • Take your lunch later if you can. This is something that I find helps me a lot when my day feels like it's going slow. If I take my lunch after 2pm, by the time I get back, my afternoon just flies by!
  • Keep busy! Sometimes I leave tasks I can until Friday. I usually don't get handed any assignments, so I can keep busy with easy but large tasks.
  • Sleep in a little. If you usually wake up early and get to work early (like I do!), I find it helps my day if I come to work on time instead of early.
  • Stop looking at the time! When I worked for the bank, I would cover the time on my computer and phone and just let the day run away.
  • Eat a good breakfast! This sort of goes along with the taking lunch later thing. If you're not starving early, you're not anxiously anticipating lunch!
  • Take all breaks allotted to you! I generally skip non-lunch breaks, but if I allow myself my 2 15 minute breaks, then that's a full 30 minutes less time I have to worry about working! And you can break up your work time into manageable little stints!
  • Duck out 5 minutes early. If you just can't make it to the end of your day.. if you don't do it often and/or won't get in trouble for it... just leave!


Those are some of my ideas. Do you have any of your own?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that i relatively like my job, so i dont think negatively about it very often. Plus since my weekend doesn't align with the traditional sat and sun i feel like "weekend" lasts half the week :)

    But positive self talk is good with everything! i try to talk my negative feeling positive as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete