Monday, May 10, 2010

The one with all the terrible food...

It's pretty interesting to feel the difference in your body when you eat different things.

This past weekend, I ended up throwing all food rules out of the window (but still managed to drink my lemon water every morning!) I knew it was going to happen- my bach party was Saturday and Mother's Day Sunday. But.. let's evaluate the damage, shall we? What's a confession without actually confessing anything?

Friday: This day started with the best of intentions. I ate my breakfast for lunch and went for a walk. Then... it hit me! I was HUNGRY! So I ordered a grilled cheese. When I got home, I was in one crappy mood. Some things happened that made it worse. Anthony came over and I decided to eat my mood away. Whenever I do this, it's always a conscious decision. The only time I'm an emotional eater is when I'm pissed off. It's strange.. but I recognize it.
Saturday: I ended up skipping breakfast. Lunch was ok.. left over turkey burgers. Then... dinner. We drank a bit before going out.. then our des driver came and took us to Sonic in Peabody. I ate mozzarella sticks, jalapeno poppers, and split a chili cheese tater tot order! Drinking continued. Come 10:30, I was suddenly eating General Gao's chicken.
Sunday: After drinking, i'm one of those people that like to eat a greasy/heavy meal. I ate Anthony's leftover chicken (4 pieces). Then, we had brunch at around 11:30. Eggs, sausage, french toast, fruit.. it was so good (and cooked by the wonderful hubby-to-be). Later, I took a nap, had some toast, then had half a calzone and mozzarella sticks.

Did you even see one vegetable in that list? Well, the turkey burgers had mushrooms.. and the chili had tomatoes... does that count?

So, today, I feel like instead of blood, I have lead. I started my day with an extra large Green Monster, and some oatmeal (which I've barely touched). I expect dinner to be nice and light.

So, there you have it. I went from clean, healthy eating... to diving into a diet that would make most people shudder (as well it should!)

Next week is the wedding. I don't expect to go over the deep end with eating then. My plan of action will be to start both days with lemon water and a green monster. I'll load up on salad/veggis and not drink (save for a toast or two with the new husband!) But, if I eat a plate of lasagna on Friday night, and chicken parm on Saturday.. I'll be okay with that.. because the happiness of the day will be more important than the way my body feels right now.. and I won't regret anything... this I vow. Crap! I have to write vows!!

1 comment:

  1. ha ha. you're totally going to make up your vows on the spot.

    I can't think about this weekend anymore! Not out of regret but because it's making me *hungry*!!

    ReplyDelete