Friday, May 21, 2010

The one with no carbs...

Well, it's Friday. My day 1 at low carb. I remember when I was in high school, I tried to do low carb with my mom. I didn't really care about it and did fine, but she couldn't stick to it. As soon as she gave in, I was like, "ok." I dunno.. I've never had an urge to do low carb before. Here's hoping for some stick-to-itiveness.

So, I had a weigh in this morning. I was expecting a 10 pound gain (I've been eating like mad and I assumed between weight and water retention, it'd be there), instead, it was a 6 pound gain. This brings me down 14 total. I expect my first week or 2 to be a big loss if for nothing else than the water that my body is clearly hanging onto (as I'm able to tell by the tightness of my ring). I love my ring. Yes, it's very pretty which I love the most.. but it's a great gauge of sodium and water retention!

So, yeah, 6 pounds I have to lose before I'm back in the real losing-ness.

Breakfast was delicious. An omelet with chicken, cheese, chia seeds, and love. Lunch will be a salad with chicken and feta. I don't have any snacks on hand.. I'll probably pick some up on my break.

Well, I feel good so far. I had my lemon water, I'm drinking iced tea, and I have a healthy plan for the day including many veggies.

Also, I'm back to posting in my other food blog (or will be by mid-day).

That's all I have for today. I'll be back on Monday full of zero sugar crankiness. It'll be awesome!

3 comments:

  1. well here's hoping your sugar free crankiness is short! im not usually cranky in induction, just bouts of tired! But after a few days i do feel much better, better than i do not limiting carbs! get a little extra rest. And exercise will expediate the induction process!

    in time of crisis, there is a huge container of "sour cream" on your bookshelf. Have a piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Hopefully you don't hate it with a fiery passion. It's my third week, and I'm still alive, so how bad can it be, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Twon- I'm hoping the cranks are minimal. I have a 3 day weekend coming up, so hopefully that will get me plenty of rest. And if all goes well, I'll be at the gym all week, too! If all goes well...

    @Tricia Thanks! I'm hoping it's an easy transition.. i'm just not used to checking for carbs.. AT ALL...

    ReplyDelete