Thursday, January 13, 2011

The one where she pushes lemon water..

Today, I have decided to talk about my love of lemon water.. and why you should give it a try.

Every morning, I start my day with lemon water before I eat or drink anything. I fill a scotch glass with water and juice half a lemon into it. I use my juicing tool which allows for a lot more juice. Now... I love lemon. I could eat lemons alone every day, so half a lemon with the tool makes it extremely lemony. If you're not a huge fan of lemon, I would suggest more water or less lemon.

What I've noticed from doing this:
- more energy
- more "regular" (just about the same time every day)
- more hungry for breakfast (which is great for me because I'm not usually hungry in the morning)
- detox my system

I've probably noticed more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. Now, I've done some research on the topic and these are the benefits that I've come across. Some, I've not had problems with in the past, so I've never noticed. Others? Internal and how do you notice them?

- lemon juice cleans your mouth
- it controls excessive bile flow
- it dislodges phlegm
- it aides in the digestive process – heartburn and bloating
- lemon water helps alleviate constipation
- it helps prevent vomiting
- helps with throat issues
- cleanses the liver and kidneys
- natural skin cleanser
- blood purification
- fever reducer
- aids in weight loss (I'm not sure how.. but okay!)
- lemon and water are both diuretics which can really help with things like UTIs if you suffer from those..

I'm sure there is more, but I'm hungry and the hubby and I are going to a local pub for lunch! Gonna split some yummyness. While I *should* stay home and eat salad or something, we are both starting to feel the effects of cabin fever. Besides.. when was the last time either of us went out to eat?? (before Christmas, I think!)

I hope some of the information I have given will cause anyone that happens by this blog to consider giving it a try. I really believe in it! Interestingly enough.. while I love lemons, water, and my lemon water.. I never add lemon to water that I drink! I prefer my regular water to be plain and icy! :)

Hope y'all have a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment