Monday, January 10, 2011

The one where she ate too much yesterday...

Hello world! I feel so much better than I did when I was sick last week...

It's strange to start a new year sick as can be. I had so many good intentions about exercising... but then I didn't at all last week because I could barely even stay awake. I also gave myself the okay not to worry about what I ate. I didn't do this as an excuse because I was sick.. but rather because I was barely eating. I would wake up, eat an english muffin, sleep for 6 hours, then not be hungry for dinner. After the first day of this and worrying about what I would eat for dinner, I decided to just go with the flow. The result? I made good choices.

Yesterday, on the other hand, was more than a challenge. It was the hubby's birthday. We went to his parent's house for lunch and ate pizza. I had 1 and a half slices.. which is better than the 4 that I would have had in previous incarnations of Megan. His mom got cheesecake for him. I hate cheesecake so very much.. so I had exactly zero slices. The bad part came when I had to make dinner. He requested lasagna. My original intention was to make a healthy lasagna with veggies and tofu and whatever else I could get away with. Unfortunately, the internet was down and I didn't want to risk making him a gross lasagna. I minimized the cheese, but still. I had a slice of that. I was getting full halfway through and stopped eating my slice. Then, suddenly, my plate was empty and I was super full. This was followed by cake that a friend of ours brought over.

I suppose it all could have gone worse...

Eating healthy is not hard.. but eating poorly is so much easier.

School starts next week. I have a lot of cleaning and reading to do in my remaining time off! I suppose I should get to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment