Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's Earth Day!!

The day of clean eating did not kill me. I even kinda liked it! I ended up gorging on some food at the end of the day, but mostly just truscuits and hummus... and chocolate.

Yesterday, I started off much the same. Kashi go lean crunch cereal (super good!), a banana, and I even chose left over chicken and veggies over the Chinese buffet! My day ended up completely stressed and I ended up going out to dinner. I had a long island iced tea and some sliders. So, would I say I ate clean yesterday? No, but I did try and I made some good choices (even choosing the sliders over the mac and cheese!).

Today is another day. I have my cereal that I'm eating now, raisins, and a banana. My lunch is not clean (healthy choice portabella marsala), but there are no preservatives in it and I already had it in my freezer. Tonight's dinner will either be chicken or tofu (depending on if the chicken in thawed, I imagine). Baby steps.

Today is Earth Day! What will you be doing today to help protect the environment? I'm going to look into local farmers markets for my fruits/veggies needs, turning off the light at my desk, and I may buy a reusable cut for my iced teas (I need the straw!)

1 comment:

  1. wow. you passed on chinese buffet? good for you!! I wish -we- had chinese for lunch :/ grilled chix salad for me.

    ReplyDelete