Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Green Monster RAWR!!!

I freak out about getting older. Kind of, anyway. I look forward to turning 30, but I also have this fear that life is passing me by and I'll accomplish nothing. I'll wake up tomorrow and be 90 and it'll be too late to have kids, get rich, travel, and sky dive. I'm usually pretty good about talking myself out of these fears.

Yesterday, I got home and checked my mail (as I do whenever I get home and J hasn't beat me to it). There was a lot of stuff addressed to me. You'd be amazed at how much mail you get when you get engaged. Luckily, I love mail. One piece of mail I did not love getting yesterday was my application to AARP. Yes.. THAT AARP.

I remember laughing at/with my mom when she got her AARP stuff before her time, but you know what? SHE WASN'T 28!!!!!!! I have 22 years before I'm eligible for AARP! Not that I wouldn't love the discounts. How did they figure I'd be interested? Do they knock on doors and send it out to anyone that is usually in bed by 8:30 pm? WTF?! (how many old people say that?!)

In other news, this morning I had a Green Monster. I used 2 handfuls of raw spinach (like 3 cups!), almond milk, 1/2 a banana and random fruit.



I'm going to be experimenting with this. I really can't wait to try more things!

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about life passing me by and not accomplishing anything. That's why I started setting concrete goals for myself, with deadlines. So far it's helped! Did you like your green monster? I still haven't tried one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep trying to make a life goal list, but I keep procrastinating. I guess the first thing on that list should be to make a list!

    You know.. I really did enjoy the green monster. I didn't think I would. The almond milk I used was a bit too vanilla for me, I think.. but I have to say.. it's the most enjoyable way I've ever eaten THAT much spinach!

    I recommend trying it. I think you'll like it (or at least be able to tolerate it and work on it to where you really like it), but I would recommend tasting it where you can grab something else if you hate it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here! Feel better.

    http://twitpic.com/1ivsed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the green monster taste as bad as it looks?

    ReplyDelete