Monday, February 22, 2010

My eating this weekend can be summed up in one word: Pizza. It's terrible and I feel terrible about it. I'm going to break up with pizza for a while.

Despite my terrible eating, I do have some great NSVs! On Saturday, despite immense pain, I went for a walk. I would have gone to the gym, but it's a different from my normal gym and really looked scuzzy (and crowded!). It felt good to get out even though I woke up not wanting to move. Yesterday, I had decided I needed a real rest day, so that's what I did. But I'll tell you what... I really wanted to exercise.

Today was my favorite one. Right now, I'm starting week 2 of a couch to 5 k program. It's not the standard one that most people follow ('cause I couldn't get to it at work), but it had me walking for 5 minutes to warm up, then running for 3 minutes, then walking for 5 minutes. The 3 minute run started out kinda struggly (totally a word!). I kept looking at the time and at 2.5 minutes thought "I can stop here." Then that voice inside me said, "F*** you Megan! Just man up and run!" So I finished the 3 minutes. When the time went to 3 minutes 1 second.. I wanted to keep going! I ran an extra 30 seconds.. but chose to stop in an effort to follow the program (I'm so terrible at following directions!)

So those were exciting for me! In about 30 minutes, I'll be taking my half hour lunch break as a walk with L. I'm really looking forward to it. It's beautiful out! Then tonight will be my first (of hopefully many) yoga class.

I love being active! I always have. Once I start exercising I really do love it.. I'm not one of those people that hates it which makes me so very happy! J even said that he would gladly run with me (but not in the gym).. so once I complete my c25k, I'll take him up on that!

By the way, for those of you not in the know, NSV means non scale victory! It'll be a common term here and I will be celebrating them regularly!!!

Until next time..
M

No comments:

Post a Comment