Thursday, February 25, 2010

Grumblecakes...

I'm throwing myself a pity party and everyone is invited.

Last night, I tried to go to the gym after work, but it was packed. Instead, I decided to run/walk the half mile loop near my house. I'm not used to running outside and I think I went too fast. I came home out of breath and almost wheezing (it's terrible because I did mostly walking) after 1 loop (.6 miles) and 9 minutes.

This morning, I fought with myself about whether or not I would go to the gym. It was decided that I would since I skipped it yesterday and won't go on the weekend. So, I pop on the treadmill and walk for 5 minutes so I can start my c25k. I noticed that I wasn't really loosening up the way I should be and I was having a little bit of pain in my left calf. I shrugged it off and started my 4-5 minute run. After about 90 seconds I jumped off the treadmill. Shin splints. They killed. I brought the treadmill down to a walk, but it just hurt too much. So i got off and started my legs. I was able to do most of the exercises (except for the one where the bar rubbed against my shin), but I felt like poop.

So my leg hurts even when walking up and down the stairs at work. *complain*complain*complain* I even am feeling very defeated on the weight loss thing. It's harder to lose now than when I was younger and that's making me feel old.

On the upside, I made a delicious salad last night for dinner. It was inspired by a salad I had at Ruby Tuesdays a couple of weeks ago. Baby spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, bean sprouts, and salmon with a ginger sesame dressing. Yum! J was a little apprehensive at the idea of our salad for dinner (neither of us are big salad fans), but he loved it! He even finished mine when I couldn't. We may start doing one salad a week.

My project for the weekend is to be motivated and healthy! I think if I can get through Friday, Saturday, and Sunday without pigging out and being lethargic I will feel better about everything next week (and going forward!) and possibly hit that -15 mark I had hoped to hit this week.

Until next time...
M

No comments:

Post a Comment