Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I woke up this morning not wanting to go to the gym. I wanted to curl up and sleep for another hour and a half! However, with the impending rain/snow that is sure to plague the remainder of the week, I figured I should get up and do it in case I choose to "call out" later in the week.

I really wanted to rock it out at the gym today. I wanted to run/walk then really work my arms hard. Unfortunately, I left my iPod at home and.. well, hate cardio. So, I walked for 7 minutes and ran for a minute and a half. Pretty terrible, right? I did work my arms, but I felt like I didn't work them hard enough. I'll have to make up for that tomorrow.

It's not all bad- I did 2 hours of exercise yesterday which was nice. I went to my first yoga class and it felt wonderful! Even though I can't bend that way, I think I'm hooked!

Speaking of hooked, I've decided to break-up with Sugar Free Red Bull. It's too expensive and I've been drinking WAY too much of it. I'm not hooked on caffeine (says the girl that has had 56 oz of tea.. what can I say? I LOVE tea!) and I haven't even really needed it.

My ultimate goal is to get away from most processed food. My first step (which I'm taking baby steps with) is to step away from aspartame. I want to do some research and find out why so many people think it's so bad. In my quick search yesterday, I didn't find much negative. Admittedly, I only looked at wikipedia.

So that's about it. A break-up took place, a new love affair started, and I sucked it up at the gym this morning.

Until next time...
M

No comments:

Post a Comment