Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Finding the good in the bad...

I knew it was going to be a bad idea. I did it anyway. Isn't that just the tag line for every mistake in your life? I wouldn't go as far as to say that this is one of my life's big mistakes, but it sure feels like it at the moment.

I went to the Chinese Buffet with co-workers for lunch. It was very good, but it was at a rinky dink little place, so the healthy options were non-existent. I tried to be good, but I hate veggies, so all I had was meat and sauce and some white rice. But with this journey, I'm trying not to focus on the negative.. so my big accomplishments:
1. Not going back for more crab rangoon (I totally would have.. they were crazy good!)
2. Only having 3 chicken fingers (usually my Chinese food of choice. Sad, I know.)
3. When they brought out General Tso's Chicken (a favorite!) at the end of my meal, I did not.. i repeat did not have any.

So, I'll probably see a gain on Friday, but I'm okay with that. I really want to lose the weight for good and the idea of never splurging on food is not realistic. But I have a plan to work out tonight (I totally slept in this morning) be it at the gym or a dvd at home.

Now, because of my Chinese food belly, I stopped and got a red bull so I would not be too sleepy for the remainder of my work day. But it's smaller than usual... and it was strategic!

But now I have work to do.. so, until next time..
M

No comments:

Post a Comment