Friday, February 19, 2010

A day of accomplishments!

I stared into the face of temptation and walked away.

There was a lot of talk about cake today.. so much so I was getting frustrated! Then, someone convinced me to go to the bakery and split a cupcake. Oh how I love cupcakes. I know it's the same as cake, but I love them more! So, we drive to a local bakery and walk in. This place was beautiful! (Well, the food was anyway) I found my cupcake and mentally declared it mine! Both of us wanted to be good, so we flipped a coin. Tails = cupcake; Heads = be good. Best 2 out of three (you have to decide that first!) Flip one: tails. My breath catches in my chest and the excitement was mounting! "YES!" I thought, "this cupcake is as good as mine!"
Flip two: heads. I could feel the sadness on my face. I wanted that cupcake!!
Flip three: I covered it with my hands and looked at my companion. I knew what *I* wanted it to be. I lifted the hand... heads. She accepted the decision gratefully, I accepted it woefully. We walked out.

Once the cupcake was out of view, I was relieved that it was not what was intended for us. I was full from my lunch and didn't even crave sweets! I think part of me was just happy that we got out instead doing our 1.5 mile trek around the building. Though I know I need it and should have done it, my body hurts today!

I went to the gym this morning and did 10 minutes of walk/run, then moved on to arms. Where I usually slack, I excelled today. In 30 minutes I worked my arms harder than I have in a while. Because of this, I am fatigued today! I think it's best that I took it easy so I can really kick my butt tomorrow- that's my plan anyway.

I'll end this with just one last note: my weigh-in had me down 1.2 pounds this week bringing my total to -13.4 I'm right on target!

No comments:

Post a Comment